Garden Variey Wisdom
Inspiration Collections Blog Friends Yard Yetis
Yellow Wellies

Monday, February 14, 2011

Seasons Greetings

Whoa there! Where do you think you are going all in a rush?

Slow down. Relax. Take a breath.

I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I've been waiting for you to drop by.

This is a destination investigation...of sorts. Where we are going...meets where we have been...paths cross. Leaning back in our Adirondack chairs with the paint peeling off the armrests, yellow wellies caked with dirt..it's time for a little conversation...or quiet meditation..no matter, for in the  garden whether flying solo or side by side, flowers don't sass....they just look sassy.

Welcome to the home of my garden pages.

You are always welcome here.

Of the four sweet seasons, I now occupy a seat in the Fall of my years...just on the cusp of Winter. 

Outside my window, winter hovers, but the breath of Spring whispers. From a distance, snow covers the ground,trees are bare and the grass is brown.

Up close, if you linger, life is stirring anew.

Life, at a distance, is like life without my glasses, out of focus and difficult to read. However, in the here and now, glasses on, life is manageable. Actually, objects in my mirror may be larger than life. Life should be large. Who wants a small life? As for here and now, that is enough, more than enough and worth the attention. One eyelash flutter, one soft intake of breath changes "is" to "was". Stay focused. Rest here. Count your breaths.

This life is to be lived...glasses on..colorfully defined...sweetly sent. 

I am closer to being underground than overhead, so pardon me standing on tiptoe, stretching out my limbs taking up as much space as I can, going as far as I can go, tasting, savoring and filling myself up before eternity grabs me by the ankles and calls my number. In other words, look out ...here I come and hopefully here we go...

Whatever your season or reason, you are always welcome. I hope you leave smiling, wave as you pass by and come back again and again. 




Adirondack Chairs