Garden Variey Wisdom
Inspiration Collections Blog Friends Yard Yetis
Yellow Wellies

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Or...

 

 

 

 

Happy Valentine's Day or...

How

To

Say

Love

You

In Ten Words Or Less...

 

 

Love is in the details

 

The size of the box of chocolates.

The number of roses in the bouquet.

The carats worth of diamonds. 

The stars in the restaurant review.

The message in the skywriting.

The petals scattered across the room. 

The post-it notes on the mirror.

The stretch of the limo. 

The bow around the new car in the driveway.

The amount attached to the gift card. 

The lines in the original hand written sonnet. 

The lyrics on the mixed tape CD of "our" songs. 

The proposal at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

The midnight cruise on a yacht in the Caribbean.

No?

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Read the fine print. 

Between the lines. 

Let me make a proposal.

Let me see if I can find a way, this Valentine's Day, to tell you...give me a minute to gather my thoughts...

Okay here goes...

 

 

I am sitting here,

trying to think of a way to say I love you.

I want the words to be clever and precise to capture the true essence of my feelings. 

I want to make it right.

You know, perfect. 

How did we get here?

This me loving you, you loving me business.

This...me messing up...you forgive. 

You disappearing, me coming to look for you. 

Me pulling away, you pulling me close. 

The stuff. 

The day-to-day stuff.

The...you get on my nerves stuff.

I am here.

With you.

You are there.

With me. 

I guess loving you,

means staying long enough

to cross the finish line together.

I love you. 

You  love me. 

We win. 

How to say I Love You in Ten Words or Less...

You know how...

XXXOOO




Adirondack Chairs